Saturday 20 July 2013

And it Begins...

I have been lucky enough to attain a TeachNZ sabbatical which I am undertaking during Term3, 2013.  The project being undertaken during this time revolves around building a resource of some of the practices I see while I visit a variety of schools through the North Island.

There are a range of areas I am exploring - ePortfolios, Inquiry and how that fits in around all the other 'stuff' an Intermediate school needs to incorporate, BYOD, and pedagogical change that has (or has not) come with the arrival of Ultra Fast Broadband (UFB).  Alongside those foci I am also lucky enough to be having a look through Point England School who are part of the Manaiakalani Cluster and have the reputation for amazing eLearning happening, as well as a visit to another school which has a radio station operated by the students.

My journey to these schools begins in just over a week, but keep watching this space as I intend to begin listing ideas, resources and websites that may be of use to those of you in Intermediate and Middle Schools.

My intention is not for this Blog to become static over time but to continue to build and grow as I discover new things in eLearning that work in schools teaching adolescents and teens.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Vicki

No comments: